[SOLUTION] panel site defaults

On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 03:07:16PM -0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> I've been working on creating site defaults for panel.  It seems that
> there is no mechanism for site defaults in current release versions of
> panel.  Nevertheless, I need to be able to, so I've had to investigate
> workarounds.
[.. problem description snipped ..]

To make a long story very short, making it work and copying the default
panel setup to each new user has a problem in that the Applet_Config file
(in panel.d/default/) has some absolute paths in it - oops.  This too can
be worked around simply by replacing the home directory with #HOMEDIR# or
something and then performing sed magic as the file gets copied.  Not the
most elegant solution, but effective for the purpose.

The real solution is of course found in Gnome 2.0, but this can be used in
the meantime.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd debian org>               GnuPG key 1024D/DCF9DAB3

<mdorman> I'm a gnus person myself.  It's an editor!  It's a floorwax!
          It's a dessert topping!