Re: Suggestions

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 10:18:57AM -0200, Fábio Gomes de Souza wrote:

> If we had such a [window management] library, applications like
> XMMS, for example, wouldn't have to reimplement window management
> routines just because they want to (say) move their window (see the
> easymove feature) and snap it to others.

This is something that I found quite annoying when I first began using
XMMS -- it tries to perform it's own window management functions.  I'm
used to using my WM to manage windows, and would have much preferred
it if XMMS didn't try to do this job on its own.

> Instead, they would call a library routine to move the window
> interactively and the library would care about the rest.

I don't see how this is preferable to allowing the WM to handle window
management.

-- John Kodis.