Re: Suggestions

-----Original Message-----
From: Wandered Inn <esoteric denali atlnet com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 09:22:48 -0500
To: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Suggestions

===========
<Big Snip>
> THESE ARE MY OPINIONS...
>
> I disagree, diversity is good.  That is a huge benefit of open software
> over Microsoft solutions.
>
> There are a number of window managers out their and they all have their
> places.  If you're running Pentium 200 or less, you shouldn't be using
> E, gnome or kde.  Use a lightweight wm like twm or fvwm.  I've got Linux
> running on a 486 with twm and it performs acceptably.  On the other
> hand, I'm using gnome and E on my primary machine (PIII 800, 384 M ram)
> and I'm pleased with the performance.
I run an Athlon thunderbird 750 w/256mb of ram.  I can pretty much run whatever I'd like, but typically I run E w/o an "environment" or more often, BlackBox.  With either E, or BlackBox I can run virtually all KDE or Gnome apps w/o all the rest of the baggage.  Even w/ my laptop (Celeron 500 w/128m of RAM) I can run KDE or Gnome, but prefer E or BlackBox.
Just MHO,
Mike

"Always remember that I have taken more out of
alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
  --Winston Churchill