Re: weird yp problem - taskbar and icons do not appear

kuku gilberto physik RWTH-Aachen DE (2000-11-13 at 1838.16 +0100):
> > [things about changing UID]
> > GNOME does not like UID changes, nor $HOME change either, it is a bit
> The $HOME change could be relatively easily be overcome by
> changing the Home Directory link in .gnome-desktop. Maybe there
> are other hidden dependencies added by other applications, dunno.

I recommend you to do a "grep -r $HOME ~/.gnome/* | wc -l" and then
rethink your phrase. I got 31, too many hits, cos anything different
to 0 means problems. You will have to change the $HOME reference, by
hand or by script, to the new dir, instead of the easy and wonderful
$HOME or ~ that work everywhere (well, ok, the shell at least).

GSR