Re: weird yp problem - taskbar and icons do not appear

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 03:51:36PM +0100, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> kuku gilberto physik RWTH-Aachen DE (2000-11-13 at 1209.32 +0100):
> [things about changing UID]
>
> GNOME does not like UID changes, nor $HOME change either, it is a bit

The $HOME change could be relatively easily be overcome by
changing the Home Directory link in .gnome-desktop. Maybe there
are other hidden dependencies added by other applications, dunno.

In fact, I found out today by more intense searching/studying various
logs, that /tmp/orbit-<username> must be either
deleted or chowned also when changing the user ID.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku gil physik rwth-aachen de