Re: Presentation software

If you're already a user of TeX, you can use PDFTeX to produce PDF
slides.  There is a wonderful package called PPower4 that converts
the PDF files using Java (or maybe JavaScript) to beautful presentations
that can be viewed through Adobe Acrobat.  I used this for my defense
presentation, and it worked wonderfully.  It's biggest strength lies
in the fact that the underlying engine is TeX, which means all your
mathematical and scientific documents will look beautiful!

All these tools are free.  Here's a link that has samples to view
in the "Information and Download area"

http://www-sp.iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/software/ppower4/

Himanshu Gohel, gohel csee usf edu