Re: SCO UNIX install

Don Campbell wrote:

> Just wondering if Warren or anyone else on the list has any other
> experiences, recommendations, insights, warnings, etc., to share regarding
> installing Gnome on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 box.

Sorry, no.  I have a certain amount of experience with UnixWare, and
part of that comes from hanging around in SCO newsgroups where you pick
up OpenServer material by osmosis.

I do know that no one is talking about GNOME in the SCO newsgroups,
everyone's talking about KDE.  Most likely, this is because SCO's
SkunkWare freeware collection includes KDE but not GNOME.

There's much less DIY action going on in the SCO communities than in the
Linux communities.  Part of the reason for that, no doubt, is that the
official platform compiler is an extra $add-on$, and the GNU compilers
are variously out of date or hard to install.  Linux comes out of the
box ready to build programs.
--
= Warren -- ICBM Address: 36.8274040 N, 108.0204086 W, alt. 1714m