Re: How do YOU check for new mail in GNOME?

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 06:44:09PM +0100,
Paul Barnfather <plb@clanger9.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I currently use procmail to process incoming mail into IMAP folders.
> (Is this a correct/incorrect thing to do? I don't know, but that's
> another topic ;-)

I do the same thing, except with exim rather than procmail.

> The problem is that the GNOME "mailcheckers" - specifically Mail Check
> Applet - only seem to check the IMAP "Inbox" rather than multiple
> IMAP folders.

I've run into the same problem. Wait a few more days and you'll
see the first release of my new mail checking applet, PyBiff.
It's written entirely in Python (hence the name :). It lives in
your panel and displays how many new messages you have in any
number of configurable mailboxes. It will support a driver
mechanism allowing easy addition of new mailbox types. The first
release will support only IMAP mailboxes, but i'll be adding
drivers for POP3, mbox, and Maildir as time goes on.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now.
 Buy. And be happy."
--OMM (THX 1138)

PGP signature