Re: Commercial software hooks

I think what we all can safely do, without stepping on anybodies toes is to
mail the missing gnome-menu entry and mime-types as a bug report to the
companies in question. If enough people turn in such bug reports it will
climb up their priority list. I sent such a report to Real as soon as I
discovered the problem.

My primary attitude however is that the registration of mime-types should
be handled in a cross-desktop manner. I don't know if this is feasible,
since I heard that KDE is using a mime-library with a special license
(non-commercial use only I think).

Christian