Re: Building gnome-libs-1.1.0 RPM

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 01:33:34AM -0500 or thereabouts, Rasaki Bidemi Bolanle Temidire wrote:
> I am trying to build RPMS for gnome-libs-1.1.0 under Mandrake 7.0.  I
> downloaded the gnome-libs-1.1.0.tar.gz file and issued the following

Eek. There it is up for ftp (and out of date, I think). I'm rather
surprised:)

> I get the following error messages:
> 	cat: ./message-of-doom: No such file or directory
> Can anyone tell me what the infamous "message-of-doom" is and where I can

It's indeed infamous. It starts:
	 *** IMPORTANT ***
	This is a development version of gnome-libs.  You should be using
	a stable version, which is available at
	ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/gnome-libs/

... and continues to say that it conflicts with practically everything else
in current GNOME and please don't package it. And ends up with:
	This is not in working condition.

> get it so that I can build the RPM?

The complete text is in gnome-libs CVS. But given the "please don't
package it" request in the message-of-doom, I really wouldn't bother :)

Telsa