gnome-session question

I understand, that with gnome-session every application which I leave
open when I finish my working session under gnome will be restarted on
the same desktop and in the same location of the desktop. It even will
have the same size as before. But will it display the same working
file as before? No ! (Gnumeric, Abiword, Dia, eog, glade)

Is this "bug" program specific? If it is, are there any programs which
will automatically load the recent file?
Does automatic loading make sense?

Request for comment.

Olaf