Re: AM_CONFIG_HEADER

mawbid@simnet.is wrote:

> gdk-pixbuf, gIDE, and go are all failing to configure for me.
> Configure says something like:
>
> ../configure: line 525: syntax error near unexpected token AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'
> ../configure: line 525: AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'
>
> This is from cvs; configure is created by autogen.sh.
>
> This is at work, but I have another cvs tree at home and there, these
> modules build just fine. Control-center, however, suffered the same
> death by AM_CONFIG_HEADER at home even though it builds fine here at
> work.
>
> hawk@chernobil:hawk> autoconf --version
> Autoconf version 2.13
> hawk@chernobil:hawk> automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.4
>
> Same versions at home.
>
> Clearly these are not errors in the code (only), or they'd be
> consistent across machines. What's wrong with my systems?
Were there any aclocal errors at the start of running autogen.sh? Often
they'll look like warnings and no big deal, but unless there are none,
it won't work. If there were any aclocal errors, then aclocal.m4 (which
is where AM_CONFIG_HEADER is put) won't be generated or will be
generated wrong (from my experience).

Chris Wegrzyn