best window manager

I have been messing with a fresh upgrade/install of FreeBSD with a recent
Gnome set and want to figure a better window manager set.  I am using
enlightenment, but that is a bit sluggist and unwieldy at times.  I use to
use Windowmaker but I am not sure how I would run gnome with that.  Can I
just put this in my .xinitrc file?

.xinitrc:
#--

panel
exec wmaker

#--

What if I use Black Box?

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

fortune:
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."