Re: CD writing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remco Nonhebel" <nonhebel@umailme.com>
To: <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2000 2:36 PM
Subject: CD writing

> Does anyone know a good CD-burning program for GNOME, that is not too hard
> handle, or is it actually better to do it from commandline (I suppose it
does
> not really matter, but you never know)

Well cdrecord and mkhybrid/mkisofs work really well for making data
disks (never tried making audio disks, but I know it's possible).  Once
I figured out what options to use and so forth, I just wrote a little three
line shell script to make the CDs.

There are many GUI and interfaces to mkisofs and cdrecord.  Most of the
ones I've tried all pretty much suck IMHO.  Someone is probably working
on a GNOME GUI.

Fred