Re: desktop icons (gmc)

I posted the problem a few weeks before. It
is
really weird and I do believe it has
something to do with SuSE. Even if I
deinstall gmc and
mc (4.5.40) from SuSE 6.3 and install gmc
from tarball (4.5.50) I cannot change the
desktop
 icons, all are folders. If I install then
gmc/mc 4.5.40 from SuSE 6.3 the icons I had
before are shown again (where is the icon
information stored?) and the icons can be
changed
again.

I have also a RH6.1 on my PC. I upgradet gmc
also for RH. No Problem at all, icons can be
changed and moved and they will be saved.
But
with SuSE I couldn't get it to work.

Sorry for a not more positive answer

Klaus

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:50:16 Herman
Roozenbeek wrote:

> Since I upgraded gmc from 4.5.40 to
4.5.50,
I can't change the desktop
> icons anymore. They all use
i-directory.png
now. When I try to choose
> another icon (through right-clicking and
selecting Properties), either gmc
> crashes, or everything seems to go
alright,
but the deksktop icon doesn't
> change.
>
> I have tried deleting all desktop icons
and
recreating them through
> right-clicking on the desktop and
selecting
Rescan devices, but this didn't
> solve it.
>
> Any suggestions? In what file should the
properties for the desktop icons