Iconify All?

Hello,

I have been trying to find a way to have an "Iconify All" command in
my panel but I have no idea on how to accomplish this.

I know this is a task that the window manager must perform but that's
all I know. I am using Sawfish and, every now and then, Enlightenment.

What I would like to have is a little icon that can be added to the
panel that iconifies all windows when clicked, and a shortcut key that
does the same thing.

Windows has a button in the task bar that minimizes all windows when
pressed. Something like that would be pretty cool to have in Gnome's
panel.

Does this require to write a small applet, or it is easier than that?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks!

peloy.-
peloy@debian.org