Re: Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

On 29 Jul, Peter Schram wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Don't know whether this is on topic for gnome or not, but I give it a
> shot.
>
> When starting up gnome I get this message:
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> about 20 times in a row. Is there anybody who has a tip or pointer which
> helps me to solve this problem? I compiled gnome from source on Linux
> with kernel 2.2.15 and XFree 3.3.6

I put 'export LC_ALL=C' in /etc/profile. That works--I've been unable to
find any other language variable that removes this annoying warning.

HTH

Barthel
--
   ld_barthel@yahoo.com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063
gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5  86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E

Friends don't let friends do Windows. Be a designated Penguin!