Re: The GNOME community appreciates what red Hat is doing

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 12:16:28PM -0700, Andy Tai wrote:
> I apologize for my original comments based on partial information.
> Telling people to upgrade to the newest version is a good thing to do.

And helping them to do so too. Magazines should put new packages in
CDs, the month or two months of delay is acceptable, where I live
internet is not fast nor cheap (changing to better, luckly) so that is
better than nothing. And in other places where you can "waste" phone,
magazines should try other things like tutorials to create desktop
themes, configure apps or who knows... writing articles about
Linux. ;]

> Although I do hope Miguel can plan speeches more carefully in the future
> to avoid headlines like "Miguel says Unix sucks" from being generated.

The problem is the guy who writes the headline. He could have wrote
"Miguel wants to improve Unix" or "Miguel's plan to push Unix ahead",
but I doubt those sound cool. I met Miguel, and he said the same, just
someone cut where he wanted (I have not checked local headlines, but
maybe they also take it out of context). I am sure there are ways to
create impacting headlines without losing sense.

GSR