Re: Helix-update question

0handle dev Stdout <0handle@gmx.net> writes:

> Jeffry Smith wrote:
>
> > Warren Young wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, I don't think it does.  I've had the same problem as
> > the person who started this thread - I downloaded the rpms from
> > Helixcode via a fast link I had access to at work, brought the rpms
> > home on my laptop, installed in my home machine via "rpm -Uvh".  Now,
> > when I run helix-update, it tells me that the 1.2 updates are
> > available.  The same one's I have installed.  I can't figure out how
> > to get it to recognize that they're already installed.  And, if I
> > choose them in helix-update to install, it crashes.  I've sent the bug
> > reports in via bugbuddy, so hopefully they're working on fixing the
> > problem.
> >

> I have the same problem, but I updated trough the Helix-updater.
>
> could someone from helix bring light into the discussion?

What the updater does is download a list of updates.  An update
includes a list of packages and their versions.  The updater checks
all of the versions in the update against what you have installed, and
if your version (of any of the packages in the update) is older, it
will show that the update is available.

Jacob