Re:Helix-update question

I also suffered the same problem - I'd like to know what mechanism Helix-Update

uses to determine what is installed. Does it look to see whats in
/tmp/helix-install
or something? I sincerely hope it doesn't since I don't like the idea of all
the rpms
being left in /tmp.

It would make life easier if the 'notification' actually stated which rpms each
item
covered so one could double check they really weren't already installed -
perhaps via
a 'details' button?

Similarly for those of us who pay by the minute for our net connections I'd
like to see
a 'latest version list' in text form so we can check what is necessary
*offline*.

In short it's great to see attention being taken to make it easier for
'non-technical
people, but could we have a bit more for those more experienced (but lazy :)
)?

Cheers

Kim