Re: No title bars...

Josh Orfanakis <joshorf@pcisys.net> writes:
> I am using Debian's distribution of Linux and I have not been able to
> get GNOME to install quite right. I follwed the directions using apt to
> install the latest release of GNOME. I have www.debian.org/~vincent/
> slink-main in the sources.list.

If you have October GNOME (gnome-libs 1.0.54 is an indication of this)
then you want your .xsession to contain simply "exec gnome-session"
rather than all the other stuff.

If you don't have October GNOME then you want to get it, you may have
to get it from the potato distribution of Debian rather than
slink. pre-October-GNOME is a good bit less stable.

Havoc