Re: Fw: gnome for slackware Linux

On 24 Jan, Tommy_T wrote:

> I'm interested in loading GNOME, but I don't see any listing for the
> Slackware
> version of Linux. Is it available?
> Thanks in advance,

Tom, which version of Slackware are you running? Slackware 7.0 includes
packages for October GNOME. (FWIW, I first installed GNOME's bouncing
Bonobo release over Slack 3.2, (but deleted it at that point as too
alpha for my needs) and began using it "for real" shortly before October
GNOME. So I've installed GNOME on Slackware 3.2, 4.0, and 7.0 . . .
libc5 and glibc2.

Give me a few more details about what you've currently got installed and
I'll gladly give you a few pointers.

Regards,

Barthel
--