Beta testers required

Hiya guys,

Could some people please test the GNOME Iconeditor for me? I'm wanting to
make a release fairly soon, but I don't want the first release to be one
that crashes on everyone's system execpt mine :)
This is **NOT** an official release, and so it may crash and do all the
nasty things that beta stuff usually does.

Where you can get it from:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As it is only a beta test, it's only available from CVS, but the only thing
it requires is Gdk-Pixbuf, so it's not a complicated thing if you've already
got the autotools installed (automake, autoconf etc...)

The usual CVS instructions apply
cvs -z3 checkout gnome-iconedit

Things I'd like to know:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does it crash?
Does it work properly?
How could it be made better? (*)
In particular I'd like to know about the grid, as it is my first custom
canvas item and I'm not 100% sure of it's stability. Things like did it
redraw incorrectly? Did it crash when you expand/shrink it? Just generally
try to break it.

Things I already know (so you don't need to tell me :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The alpha slider should have a frame/label
The grid leaves random mess on the canvas when you expand it (already fixed
on my own tree, I'll upload the patch to CVS tomorrow night)
The Paste Into feature sometimes leaves random stuff in the grid.
The Undo Buffer window doesn't do anything.
A program called GIMP already exists ;)

Things that are planned (so you don't need to suggest them either :)
XPM saving
A chequerboard transparancy effect thing so you can tell the difference
between red at 50% alpha
and light pink.
The undo/redo stuff
A paste mode for pasting at any point in the buffer.

You can send bugreports to me at either of the following.
ih@csd.abdn.ac.uk
iain@webtribe.net
nodatadj@strayduck.com

Thanks very much. Patches are very welcome as are icons and better graphics,
although if you want to stay sane, don't look at the drawing code in
gnome-canvas-grid.c - it's a mess, but it will get neatened up by the
release.

iain

(*)It's not a feature freeze as such, major changes/new features probably
won't make it till the next version, but feel free to suggest ways to
improve it.