Sort-of Announce: Gnet, a network library

I'm sort-of releasing my network library Gnet (README included below).  I
thought that before I release it officially I should ask the GTK and Gnome
folks whether I should:

a) Propose Gnet for inclusion in GNOME.  GNOME could use a good network
library.  (But, Gnet may be too high-level and I don't see a network
library on the roadmap.)

b) Propose Gnet for inclusion in the Glib/GTK+ "suite".  Gnet is low level
and aims for portability, so may be good to include it in this group.
Gnet is built on Glib.

c) Keep Gnet as a separate library.  Rename Gnet to something else to
avoid confusion.

What do you think?

David

The README:

[Gnet is at http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder/misc/gnet]

Gnet, a network library
------------------------------

Gnet is a simple network library.  It is writen in C, object-oriented,
and built upon glib.  It is intended to be small, fast, easy-to-use,
and easy to port.  The interface is similar to the interface for
Java's network library.

Features:
  * TCP 'client' sockets
  * TCP 'server' sockets
  * Non-blocking TCP sockets
  * UDP
  * IP Multicast
  * Internet address abstraction

Gnet requires Glib 1.2.  You can get this at www.gtk.org.  Or, if you
have a system with packages (eg, Red Hat or Debian), look for the
latest glib package.

Gnet is ALPHA software.  It may have some bugs.  It has only been
tested on Linux.  It still needs work (see the TODO file).

Comments, questions, and bug reports should be sent to
gnet-dev@umich.edu.

The Gnet homepage is at http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder/misc/gnet.

Install
-------

Read INSTALL for information on how to install Gnet.

In a nutshell:
  > ./configure
  > make
  > make install

License
-------

Read COPYING for information on the license.  Gnet is under the GNU
LGPL.  In a nutshell: You can share Gnet with your friends and make
changes to it, but it's not our fault if it breaks your computer.

Developer info

Documentation lives at http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder/misc/gnet/docs

Applications that use Gnet

Jungle Monkey	 	http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder/misc/jm