Re: compiling from tarballs

Actually, building rpms from tarballs is easy as pie, as long as a spec
file is included in the tarball, and its not broken.  all you have to do

is: "rpm -tb tarball-name.version.tar.gz"
that should run for a bit then make a rpm or rpms in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386, or similar.
Make sure you are root when you do this, and you have all the necessary
development packages installed.  If you get any errors, just untar the
tarball, edit the spec file to fix it, then tar it up again, and try
building again.

If you have any problems, let me know, i can post the rpms for those
packages on my site for you.

Leland Elie
MIS Guy