How can I re-install dos boot image ?

Hey everyone,

thanks to all for helping with my lilo boot
problem. But I have come to the conclusion (and
you are free to question this) that my image for
booting into dos is messed up.

I wiped the master boot clean, made a startup
linux disk, changed it to how I wanted, and then
re-ran lilo.
It attempts to load dos automatically, but hangs
as soon as it tries, with the message at :
Lil-

So I assume there is a problem with trying to
move from linux into dos (win98) somehow.....

please....any help would be GREATLY
appreciated..... I've nearly pulled out all my
hair.....

TIA
Sunny