Re: Request: Test suite for EFS.

I may just be talking out of my bum ;) however,

Why doesn't everyone work out an interface to
this compound document format library (which i think everyone could agree on)

Then the two (maybe more) camps can make
seperate implementation and then the performance can be compared.

I will now put my pants back on.

Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > I think the next generation of smart XML tools is much more important
> > to support than legacy Microsoft tools. Let's design data formats for
> > tomorrow's universe, not today.
> Your phrase, although it sounds very catchy it ignores reality.
> Example: OS of the future: Plan9.  OS of today: Unix.
> Did Plan9 ever have a chance?  What about BeOS?  The Hurd?
> I can go on and on over failed "visionary" systems.  Lets stay factual
> here, and leave emotions out of the discussion on whether XML is the
> right format for compound documents.
> Miguel.

Krzysztof Kamieniecki