Panel problem

I've got a problem with the gnome panel (gnome-core 1.1.2).

I placed the afterstep clock on the right, then the modemlights applet
and then the tasklist. Whenever I startup GNOME, it places the tasklist
on the right, then the afterstep clock and then the modemlights applet.

I've reset my session a view times and placed the applets in the order I
want, but at every startup they are in a different order as I want.
Saving the session doesn't work.

Can someone please tell me what to do.

Paul Kreugel