ALT moving windows

	I want to use Gimp.

	To do some things in Gimp, I need to hold down the ALT key and
drag with the mouse.

	Everytime I do this, it moves the application window underneath
the mouse cursor instead of passing the action to Gimp.

	I thought this was a window manager issue.  I tried to find the
appropriate configuration item in Enlightenment, but I could not find it.
I switched to WindowMaker (a process, by the way, which is very
broken--Gnome is not saving my new WM and now starts up with no WM at all,
and when I change it tells me to go to Main Panel Button->Settings->Save
Session, which does not exist, and yes I am saving my session at logout,
and when I manually choose the new WM from the Config Tool it starts up a
whole new set of applications, as though it has a second session saved
somewhere) but after switching to WindowMaker, I get the exact same result
in Gimp.  I cannot find any configuration option to change this under
WindowMaker, either.

	I'm beginning to think this is a Gnome config thing.  Can anyone
help me with this?  If it is an E or WindowMaker thing, please just tell
me how to fix it.

	I'm running a fairly vanilla Mandrake 6.1.

Thanks,
Derek

P.S.> This is a really lame question and I'm embarassed for asking it.
P.P.S.> I'm pissed this is so difficult to figure out
P.P.P.S.> This is why I think there should be a mandatory window manager,
as in KDE