Re: GNOME Build Problems

Jacob Berkman <jacob@helixcode.com> writes:

> "Heyman, William S" <william.s.heyman@lmco.com> writes:
>
> > I got the following warning when running autoconf.sh in glib and gtk+
> >
> > configure.in:192: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
> > cross compiling
>
> I don't think you need to worry about this.
>
> > When I run autoconf.sh in imlib I get the following
> >
> > aclocal: configure.in: 22: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
>
> The easist thing is probably to put gtk+/gtk.m4 in /usr/share/aclocal

This is a bad idea. What will happen is that next time you
install GTK+ you'll end up with duplicate gtk.m4 files, and then
autoheader will stop working, and you'll get the wrong versions
and ....

> You could change your acinclude path, but putting the file in that
> directory is what i do :/

What you should do is simply put in your ~/.profile

 export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/local/share/aclocal/"

(Change /usr/local/ to wherever you installed GTK+)

All the autogen.sh files in the various GNOME packages honor
this environment variable.

Regards,
                                        Owen