Re: A couple of question on startup error messages

A search of rpmfind returns nothing for xlib.  There is no such RPM.

J Kary wrote:

Timothy,

Have you tried checking the validity of XLib? rpm -v xlib
It looks like this library has been corrupted in some way.

JK

--- Timothy Reaves <treaves silverfields com> wrote:

	I've tried to search the mail archives to see if these questions had
been answered, but unfortunatly the search engine is down. When I run Gnome apps (I'll use gnorpm as an example), I get two warning messages:

Gdk-WARNING **: local not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Gdk-WARNING **: can not set local modifiers

whith some apps, this is all I get.  However, with gnorpm, if I
select any of the catagories it displayes, I get this:

GnomeUI_ERROR **: file gnome-icon-item.c: line 304
(get_default_font): assertion failed: (default_font != NULL)
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

I can expand/retract the different catagory groups fine. I get the above only when I select an individual group to see what RPM's are in
it.

	Any ideas?  Thanks.