Mose pointer goes bezerk on gnome terminal.

Hi there gnome users:

    I have been for a long while experiencing  a minor problem with the
gnoem-terminal
application in which the mose pointer is fine until I begin to type into
the window.  At this point the
mose pointer becomes a rectangle of dots which starts about  1cm below
the pointer position down to the
botom of the screen.  An xterm  does not exhibit this behavior though
the screensavers do when they
start up.  I suspect this is more of an X issue but do not know where
to  look to 'fix' or clear the problem.

Any Ideas out there ?

I was unable to find anything which describes this in bugzilla...

Thanks in advance.