Re: Speed Issues under Solaris

On 21 December, 2000 - Mark Riehl sent me these 1.0K bytes:

> All,
>
> I'm running Gnome under Solaris x86 8.0 on 933 MHz PIII.  This is the
> version that was distributed with the Solaris 8.0 10/00 distribution on the
> Software Companion CD.
>
> It takes forever to start (~30 seconds) and when it does, I see a message
> that says:
>

> Warning - You seem to be running Enlightenment over a network connection or
> on an X Server that does not support Shared Memory, or you have disabled
> your MIT-SHM Shared Memory in your imlib configuration.  This means that the
> Enlightenment Pager will perform slowly...
>
> To improve performance please enable MIT-SHM Shared Memory in your imlib
> config...

Solaris has too low shared memory limit by default (Any Sun:ers
listening? yoohoo?), up it in /etc/system:
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=3145728
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=32

Or something like that, and reboot.

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric ing umu se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå