Re: If Gimp had tab-completion, why doesn't gmc or the Gnome run dialog?

pauljohn ukans edu (2000-12-13 at 2341.50 -0600):
> I noticed tab completion of file names works in some programs, like Gimp
> or GQview, but not in Gnome menues/dialogues and not gmc. Why?

Dunno. MAybe so Tab always works as "next widget". :[

> Also, I have these miscellaneous, less interesting questions.
> 1. Does GTK+ have a "shortcut" key to go with the "submit" button. For
> example, in GQview, one can do Control-R to rename, edit the name, but
> there is no keyboard to submit it. Same kind of thing arises in other
> GTK+ programs, the Gimp, for example.  In CorelDraw, the F9 key acts
> generally as the OK or submit button, so I wish there were something
> like that.

Old discussion, Esc key for Cancel, Enter key for Do. Report it as UI
bug.

> 2. I learned in this group that you can assign shortcut key combinations
> to menus in GTK+ programs, by hovering the pointer and hitting the
> keys.  That changes the shortcut during the current session with the
> program, but those settings are not remembered on the next startup.  Is
> the saving of those key strokes a program responsibility?

Gimp saves the settings. I believe it is another app bug if not saved.
My current GQView does not save, for example.

GSR