Re: toolbars

erick ljm net (2000-12-13 at 2125.27 -0600):
> Perhaps, but are the toolbars a function of the WM or of GTK+?

Tool bars are GTK+ (if the app is GTK+ based, of course), and title
bars are wm.

And yes, GTK+, in general, uses too may padding space, it seems to be
a typical complain, cos not everyone runs 1600 * 1200 and not everyone
wants big areas.

For the icon areas (tool bar), I dunno the solution (8 pix difference,
eek!). For the text areas (menu bar) you should try the same font (11
pix, I guess) and measure how much difference there is, there will be
at least one or two pixels more, but not three (I hope).

I hope GTK+ people take note making padding smaller, or better
configurable (if that already exist, how?).

GSR