Re: Removing HALT/REBOOT actions on logout

I actually like logout dialog without reboot/shutdown ! I don'think it is related to disabling this capabilities
in pam (although this will be correct way to do, I think) since I don't get them even if I log in as root.

I actually agree with original author that there should be a possibility to disable them.
I do not encourage my daughter to switch to windows too casually to play games, and
she takes seriously my request not to touch reboot button .

Also, in Linux desktop enviroment, running 7/24 as mine does,
 decision to reboot/shutdown is not done at logout stage and is logically unrelated to logouts (logout-shutdown are related,  often, for portables). So there is not reason to suggest it
in logout dialog in this case (I do have it in gdm  chooser, however)

                                                                Dmitri

Sean Middleditch writes:

I dunno if it's Helix.

Actually, mine wasn't working either, until i download an update in 'usermode' or
some
similar package from Mandrake, and then they showed up again.

The menu options, I think (pure speculation here, I've never read the code for this)
will
only show the reboot/halt options if the current user can execute halt and reboot
commands.  The Mandrkae update (I think it was usermode) gives these commands PAM
capabilities (or wrappers around the commands that use PAM), so this is something you
should look into.

Sean Etc.