Re: Language proposal

The object of the discussion that spurred this thread is not whether or
not to "allow" a person to post to this list in his/her native tongue.
It is quite clear that they can and will post in such a way and there is
nothing inherently wrong with them doing so in as much as there's
nothing wrong with me posting in my native tongue - English. And there
is no need for them to append the language they're posting in - if you
don't know that language you'll still not be able to read it. I think
the point of the discussion was to include as wide an audience in the
communication by posting in the common language of the list - which this
year appears to be English. This benefits the list members as a whole
since it facilitates constructive communication which we all can learn
from. That is the whole point of the list in the first place.
Additionally, this benefits the original poster in widening the field
for assistance to come from other nationalities. There's nothing wrong
with French or any other language for that matter and native posts that
are not common to the majority or speakers are certainly not unwelcome -
just limited in the scope of those that can render assistance and those
that can benefit from the fringe benefits of that assistance...

Mike