Re: gnome-panel.h

> I downloaded the source of gnome (latest stable) but when I tried to
compile the
> gnome-core package (1.2.1), I got the following error message:
>
> ----------------
> In file included from applet-widget.c:9:
> applet-widget.h:14: gnome-panel.h: No such file or directory
> applet-widget.c:13: gnome-panel.h: No such file or directory
> ----------------
>
> I couldn't find gnome-panel.h, which package does it belong to, or where
should
> it be?

gnome-panel.h is an autogenned file.
There seems to be something wrong somewhere with gnome-core 1.2.1 as I've
seen this
happening a few times to different people. The solution is

cd gnome-core/panel
orbit-idl `gnome-config --cflags idl` ../idl/gnome-panel.idl
cd ..
make

and it should have worked

iain