peculiar evolution-gconf relation ?

	Hi.

	I downloaded the evolution-preview and the needed stuff and
	compiled;
	everything worked fine and evolution seems to function well,
	even the decryption of messages is implemented now... wow !
	And while I type this, my typos are red-underllned in the
	composer...yeah.

	But now for why I post this:
	Evolution needs gconf and oaf to compile (amongst others) but
	when it runs here,
	no gcoond or gconfd-1 is running, while evolution seems to
	function without fault.

	Can someone enlighten me in how far it is useful or needed for
	enlightenment,
	and maybe possible causes why gconfd isn't started by evolution
	?

		Thanx, drifter