Re: GNOME skel setup

I have a user, say testgui,
I log as testgui running gnome,
configurewhat I want to give to the users
exit from testgui
as root,
cd ~testggui
I make a tar.
Creating a new user, I untar the same file
cd ~new_user
chown -R new_user .gnome*
for f in $(find .gnome* -type f)
do
	sed 's/testgui/new_user/g' $f >$f.tmp
	mv $f.tmp $f
done

When a user log in, you can test from the xdm start script
or the dt script (under dtlogin) if gnome is installed
and do the job above
I don't use /etc/skel (cause it is local to the machine)
but a script (accessed via nfs) called by dtlogin from /etc/dt/config/*
The same can be applied on every machine under cde.