XScreenSaver daemon

Hi,

When I start GNOME control center and try to configure a screen saver, I am
getting the following message,

"The XScreenSaver daemon doesn't seem to be running on display "0:0". Launch
it now?"

This is happening while I am logged in as user root. I do not get this message
while I am logged in as any other user. The window manager I am using is FVWM2.
The xlock screensaver is working fine. I would like the GNOME screensaver to
work as well.

How can I get this GNOME screen saver to work?

TIA.
--

Subba Rao
subb3@attglobal.net

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com