Re: enlightenment and gnome colormap problems

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Audie Hanpachern <audie_hanpachern@yahoo.com> writes:
> > I'm trying to get e16 and gnome to run on a solaris
> > box under 8 bit color and am having troubles with the
> > colormap. When I just start enlightenment, everything
> > is fine. However, when I launch gnome/panel, my
> > colormap gets completely screwed up. Gnome seems to
> > get all the colors it needs, but all my window manager
> > features(title bars, menus...) have screwy colors.
> > Does anyone know what a solution to this may be?
> >

> You're pretty screwed, between them GNOME and E16 are going to chew
> your entire colormap and more,
YES
 resulting in bad things. Try using
> Sawfish with a simple theme, perhaps.
Not the solution, problem can reappear with an other application.

Maybe it will be better to look around /usr/sbin/m64config
this command configure your video. Its name depends on the
video you have. Other old name was fbconfig.

on an U5
m64config -prconf # gives the possibilities
On my station I ran
m64config -depth 24 -res 1100x900x76
and I have no colors problems

--
Nur der kleine Geist hält Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos.
Seuls les petits esprits aiment l'ordre, le génie maitrîse le chaos.