Re: sawfish gnomecc problem (was Re: grumbl)

On 23 Aug, John Fleck wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 02:35:38AM +0200, Gourdin wrote:

>> i got a problem when using Gnome Helix with sawfish :
>>
>> shortly : when i start the gnome control center, and try to configure sawfish
>> with it,  GnomeCC crash... so I can't configure sawfish... so U know about it ?

>>From the sawfish list:
> http://inanna.starseed.com/sawmill/2000/Aug/0263.html
>
>>jason> But I had the exact same problem. I did the following:
>
>   >> cd /usr/libexec/sawfish/0.30.3/i686-pc-linux-gnu; chmod a+rwx DOC
>
>>I just changed the permissions (chmod 666) on the DOC file, and
>>everything return to normal!

Recent posts on the sawfish list suggest that there are some issues with
the Helix sawfish rpms.  One of the main ones concerns which version of
gdbm rep has been compiled against (1.7.3 vs. 1.8.x).

Try grabbing the rpms from the sawfish site (they've been compiled
against 1.7.3) and see if that fixes it. Or upgrade gdbm . . .

BTW--until the path issues get straightened out, you ought to stick with
either the Helix rpms or John's rpms.

Or be a real Slacker and compile 'em yourself!  ;-)

HTH

Barthel
--
   ld_barthel@yahoo.com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063
gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5  86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E

(A)bort (R)etry (I)gnore (S)ay Kaddish?