RE: Unlocking xscreensaver as root

The xscreensaver manpage says it should work.

I know I used to be able to unlock it with either passwd.  I remember
when I found that feature.  I have 2 similar installations
(one at work and one at home).  At work either password
unlocks the screen.   It definitely doesn't work at home.

This is so weird.

Juan