Login dialer problems

Hi,

I am new on linux and just installed Red Hat 6.2. I'm having some trouble connecting to the Internet. I'm trying on
2 different ISP's. When I use GNOME dialer, I can connect but I don't get through the login for both ISP's. I checked
username and password about ten times. Maybe the login protocol is not right (It should be PAP or CHAP), but
I can't find it in the properties of the GNOME dialer.

When I use KPPP, I can get online on one ISP. The other ISP  acceptss my login, then It says "Starting pppd" and
after a while I get a timeout.

Can anyone help me here?

Maurice