Re: Evolution uses movemail?

You miss my point. I have no opinion on the capabilities of movemail.
What I was pointing out was this undocumented dependency. I ought to be
told if I need to install emacs (or at least, just the movemail program)
to make Evolution work (I use Xemacs and Vi, hence i didn't have movemail).

My main question, however, was whether this dependency will stay, or are
they replacing it with their own mbox-handler, as u said. Anyone?

> Why not? movemail is stable and does exactly what a proggie wants when
> handling mbox, mbox handling is hairy, I used to depend on movemail for
> Pronto before, but I ended up writing my own handling later on, so it
> could be that they are using it for now and will write thier own support
> later but then really movemail is cool.

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1035  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |