Re: Freature suggestion for gnome 2.0

robert.lopez@abq.sc.philips.com (2000-08-22 at 1215.22 -0600):
> I disagree with what  Guillermo S. Romero said  "The idea of
> ordering menus by task was great, and should never change, ..."
> If he means that menu's should not be changable, then I
> disagree. I trust that is not what he means. Using both Sun
> and HP CDE has convinced me that menu order must be customizable.

Nonono, I mean that the ordered default is great. Of course, allowing
customization is also great, like you customize your mail alias or UI
colors, I am one fo the first that removed submenus, and arranged
panels as I liked. What I would never want to see is that default
would be like in MS Windows: Company -> App. If people wanna order
that way, OK, but not as default (and I guess that few will find it
useful, there are other way to sort things better than that one and
different to current default).

> I also like someone's idea that "-v" would list the module
> from which a command is obtained.

-v for verbose & -V for version? inverse? The -V vs -v is a mess. :]
Can we get a standard?

GSR