Re: Off topic development environment question...

Andy Tai wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 02:28:18PM -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> > Last I checked, gcc doesn't really support namespaces, and it handles templates in
> > a much different way than VC6.0 ++.  It's rather a pain to use templates in gcc,
> > but its better than it was.  egcs should be even better, but I have some issues
> > with egcs bugs, so I stick with gcc.
> > Sean Middleditch
>
> This info is way out of date. Egcs is now gcc, and gcc 2.95.2 supports
> namespace and templates (some say better than MSVC 6).

Ack, I used an older version of each until just recently.

And I still can't stand the way gcc/egcs handles templates... Then again, the only
compiler I've seen that handles templates in a way I DO like is Borland's, and the rest
of their suite sucked... so ya, gcc is the best... I just don't like the way templates
are handled.

Sean Middleditch