Re: GNOME & WPO2000

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Derek Fountain wrote:

> I've just got a copy of Wordperfect Office 2000 from Corel.
> It works (well, in so far as it works at all) under KDE, but
> seems to disagree with the Sawfish WM in Helix GNOME-1.2.
> Dialogs come up in full screen size, main windows sit on top
> of dialogs, and there are other minor irritations.

  That's because sawfish remembers windows' sizes based on their
classes. The application must be poorly written by giving all windows the
same class/instance.
  To solve it, disable the options like 'automatically remember window
dimensions'. Then, for every window, bring up the window menu and select
'history->forget saved state' (or something like that).
  I think it's a bad idea those options are enabled by default...