GNOME & WPO2000

Hi Derek:

 I too had Corel WP2000 on my box and it ran rather poorly even in KDE.  My
WP windows would also rearange themselves and the help menu would expand to
full size, just as some of yours did. While the problems may be more
pronounced in GNOME, I would say this due to the fact that it runs using
WINE. Furthermore Corel WP just has some bugs in it. Quattro Pro would also
crash when certain icons pertaining to it's graphing routine were clicked
on. I think Linux Today did a review of WP and also commented on the quirky
behavior.

 I would suggest using Star Office or (even better) Abiword. While Abiword
is still Beta, it works extremely well and is very easy to use. Also
Gnumeric is a much better spreadsheet than Quattro Pro. I have also used
Applix and it too has some bugs. The Gnome and GNU software actually works
best. This is really something since it's developed by volunteers yet it
works better than the commercial software! My advice: Take WP back and get
your money back if you can.

											Jonathan